The Field Director will develop, coordinate and execute grassroots activities in their communities to further the mission and vision of Americans for Prosperity (AFP), and particularly focus on efforts to advance the objectives of The LIBRE Initiative, a project of AFP that champions the principles and values of a free and open society to empower the U.S. Hispanic community. Policy priorities will be advanced through grassroots activities such as phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events. Through community outreach, the Field Director will recruit, train, and organize local volunteers to become active within their local community. The ideal candidate will have a background in grassroots advocacy and Latino outreach.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Build grassroots relations for the state chapter with political, business, media and community leaders
- Mobilize and educate grassroots activists on issues important to advancing the organization’s mission
- Recruit activists and volunteers to become involved in LIBRE volunteer phone banking, door to door canvassing, educational and community development events on strategic initiatives
- Represent the organization by attending and speaking at local grassroots events for recruitment and education purposes
- Organize and plan state and local educational rallies and other grassroots events, including, but not limited to, phone bank setup process, door to door canvassing, and community building
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Must have knowledge on issues affecting the local and national Hispanic community
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with state and national staff, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment
- Willingness to perform all duties as listed and any other duties assigned
- Willingness to travel for day and overnight trips in and out of state
- Proven ability to work remotely and in an office environment
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members, partners and all state chapters
- A firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
- Must have valid driver’s license
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience with community development, grassroots operations and/or event planning
- Spanish language proficiency
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.