While leading state initiatives, the Alaska State Director will act as the visionary and main spokesperson for Americans for Prosperity-Alaska. The director will report to the Regional Director and will work closely with different departments in the national office, volunteers, legislators, press and donors. This position requires an individual with a broad range of core competencies as he/she is running an individual state chapter within the broader organization.
Your Responsibilities Include
• Develop and implement long-term strategic plan to effectuate public policy change in Alaska
• Craft and advocate legislative agenda to members of the State Legislature, Governor, and Alaska Senators and Congressional Members.
• Draft and implement a strategic plan that defines and measures success for the state chapter
• Builds relations for the state chapter with political, business, media and community leaders.
• Create and cultivate donor relationships with new, as well as existing supporters, at the state level
• Utilize activists and volunteers to advance policy initiatives that bring about institutional change
• Represent the organization as the key spokesperson for the state through consistent branding
• Create and implement a state-wide legislative action plan and assist on national issues of importance
• Collaborate with coalition partners, investors and AFPF & AFP state chapters, and headquarters office to sustain state operations
• Lead the Alaska team to drive policy victories at the local, state, and federal level
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
• Experience cultivating relationships with high-profile individuals
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment
• Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
• A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members, partners and other state chapters
• A firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
• Political experience
• Fundraising experience
• Supervisory experience
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.