You love engaging with your community about freedom and changing the trajectory of local policies. You love all things El Paso like Chihuahua Games and Hispanic Heritage Month. You have the skills to speak to groups about the American Dream and motivating them to engage with a movement of a free society through events, phone banking, and door knocking. You are comfortable being a leader and planning your own events for your community. Sounds like you will be a great Field Director for LIBRE in El Paso.
The Field Director II will create, manage, and implement a strategic plan to drive freedom-oriented policies in their community for Americans for Prosperity – Texas with focus on efforts to advance the objectives of The LIBRE Initiative. LIBRE, a project of AFP, advances the principles and values of a free and open society to empower the U.S. Hispanic community. They will recruit, train, and provide a platform for volunteers through LIBRE grassroots activities such as phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events based on the organization’s strategic goals. They will have the opportunity to build a community of individuals and leaders that can fight for a free society by providing resources, trainings, and speakers that can make an impact in the community. The ideal candidate will have a background in grassroots advocacy, project management, and Latino outreach.
• Create the strategic plan to build grassroots relations in the Hispanic community with political, business, media and community leaders.
• Work with senior leadership in the state to develop and manage local budget
• Train and mentor other team members on how to build a strong grassroots presence to champion freedom oriented policies in their community.
• Develop leaders to become social change entrepreneurs
• Mobilize and educate grassroots activists through phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events on state-based policy initiatives
• Represent the organization by attending and speaking at local grassroots events for recruitment and education purposes
• Organize and plan trainings, state and local educational rallies, and other grassroots events, including the phone bank setup process and door to door canvassing
• 2-4 years’ experience with grassroots operations or volunteer management and/or event planning required.
• Spanish language proficiency preferred
• Must have knowledge on issues affecting the local and national Hispanic community
• Effective time management skills and the ability to strategically plan for 1-3 months in advance
• Must be relational and skilled in building relationships
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with state and national staff, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment
• Willingness to perform all duties as listed and any other duties assigned
• Willingness to travel for day and overnight trips in and out of state
• Proven ability to work remotely and in an office environment
• Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
• A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members, partners and all state chapters
• A firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
• Must have valid driver’s license