You love speaking to folks and large crowds about why freedom is the best way of life for Floridians. You believe yourself to be a leader in your community and someone who can motivate and challenge others to fight for the American Dream. Sounds like you could be an Americans for Prosperity Field Director in Florida. The Field Director II will create, manage, and implement a strategic plan to drive freedom-oriented policies in their community for Americans for Prosperity - Florida. They will recruit, train, and provide a platform for volunteers through grassroots activities such as phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events based on the organization’s strategic goals. The ideal candidate will have a background in grassroots advocacy and project management.
As the team grows, we will look for new talent to help drive our organization’s vision and mission. By applying here, we will consider you for our current openings and future talent needs.
Your Responsibilities Include
• Create the strategic plan to build grassroots relations in the community with political, business, media and community leaders
• Work with senior leadership in the state to develop and manage local budget
• Train and mentor other team members on how to build a strong grassroots presence to champion freedom oriented policies in their community
• Mobilize and educate grassroots activists through phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events on state-based policy initiatives
• Represent the organization by attending and speaking at local grassroots events for recruitment and education purposes
• Organize and plan state and local educational rallies and other grassroots events, including the phone bank setup process and door to door canvassing
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
• 2-4 years’ experience with grassroots operations and/or event planning
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with state and national staff, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment
• Willingness to perform all duties as listed and any other duties assigned
• Willingness to travel for day and overnight trips in and out of state
• Proven ability to work remotely and in an office environment
• Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
• A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members, partners and all state chapters
• A firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
• Must have valid driver's license
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.