The Government Affairs intern will be an integral part of the AFPF’s Government Affairs and Policy teams, providing key support for the Director of State Government Affairs. The intern will assist in numerous projects for the Government Affairs team at both the state and federal level. The position requires the ability to coordinate and track details across multiple projects, including scheduling, ongoing policy issues, and legislation. The ideal candidate should be passionate about economic freedom and committed to advancing every individual’s right to opportunity and prosperity through free markets.
Your Responsibilities Include
• Tracking current legislation at the state and federal level
• Tracking AFP policy engagement at the state and federal level
• Assist in coordinating meetings and events for federal government affairs staff on Capitol Hill
• Assist in coordinating meetings, events, and internal training programs for state government affairs staff
• Research and writing for the Government Affairs department
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Integrity, humility and an entrepreneurial attitude
• Positive, goal-oriented outlook
• Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
• Research experience required
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, occasionally under strict deadlines
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
• Experience with Quorum
• Capitol Hill experience
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.